Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Plaids, Plaids, Patterns






After learning nothing but patterns and plaids for the past 2 weeks in Visual Communication I have been taking more appreciation for jackets and clothes that I see with patterns knowing the detail it takes the designer to design such a garment. Specifically in my drawing class while we've been working on rendering plaids and patterns, while its a time consuming technique, it has been fun to learn and see my improvements.
Through these past 2 weeks I've been looking out for plaid jackets for inspiration and I started seeing how many different patterned jackets I found. There are all types of prints and plaids used for patterns, no one print is the same.
In the past fall 2011 fashion shows specifically Valentino used a lot of prints on his jackets. I could only imagine how beautiful these illustrations looked when designed because after learning plaids and prints I feel a lot of appreciation towards the skill it takes to create. Needless to say, feeling surrounded by plaids makes me feel inspired by the beauty of the print which I never noticed before.

No comments:

Post a Comment