Wednesday, November 16, 2011

1950's seductive housewife

While my designs are in their early stages, the project is to create a narrative in a 10-12 piece collection. I started my research/inspiration looking at 1950's housewives and the social media around the time. This lead me to create a very elaborate narrative about a WWII widow who has to deliver her baby after finding out her husband was killed in the war. She suffers from postpartum depression in the early years of her child's life and when her child is old enough to be home by herself, the mother fills the void of missing her dead husband through sexuality and promiscuity with the other men in her town.

While I was in a taxi cab one night this Guess commercial came on and I immediately thought to myself "this is the girl!" This is the woman I picture when thinking about who I am designing for in my project. On the outside she seems cute and sexy but she has an evil and selfish side.


No comments:

Post a Comment